The Christian experience doesn't stop at salvation!
This past month in our youth ministry we have been focusing on the idea of Infinity. You know that idea that something can go on for like ever? On our final night we talked about the fact that we get a finite amount of time to make an infinite impact on our "neighbors" lives.
Essentially it goes like this:
- Jesus isn't the finish line, He is the centerpiece.
- It seems like some Christians treat salvation as the end game.
- That's really not how it works. I mean God changes us now, there's work to do NOW!!
- If Jesus had said Love your God and ignore your neighbor, sure delete that facebook account now!
Jesus said: “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.
- Being Social is being overlooked in this culture that is so scared to "impose on others".
- Living life with God forces us to stop looking inward and begin to look outward.
- Take a look at yourself now. Do you look more like Jesus than you did yesterday?
- Just Sayin......
SOCI@L Begins August 28th
You can follow me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/TheRealJonAllen
Until next time -Just Jon