How To Play Carpetball
- Each player begins by setting up their billiard balls behind the line. Each player may choose how they set them up.
- The defending champion rolls first. The objective of the throw is to knock as many of the opponent's balls into the pit as possible.
- The challenger then rolls with the same objective. Rotate back and forth until one player has no balls left.
- If the challenger is left with no balls first, then they have one final chance to take out their opponent's balls.
- If the champion runs out of balls first, they are immediately eliminated and a new challenger enters the game.
- If the challenger manages to strike back and knock all of the champion's balls from the table they both place one ball on the table and have a sudden death runoff with the same rules as before. Each time the game ties both players add an extra ball until all balls have been placed back on the table.
- Any ball that flies off of the table shall result in the thrower losing one of their balls.
- Any ball rolled short and not making it into the pit does not receive a re-roll.
- No player shall move their balls once the game has begun.